The Michigan Department of Treasury would like to announce that enhancements have been made to our online filing portal, Michigan Treasury Online (MTO).
MTO Portal – What’s New!
The Michigan Department of Treasury has added the Essential Service Assessment (ESA) to MTO. ESA is a state-specific tax on eligible personal property owned by, leased to or in the possession of an eligible claimant who has claimed the eligible manufacturing personal property (EMPP) tax exemption. For more information on ESA, visit our website.
Overview of Enhancements:
- Taxpayers have the ability to save the progress of their returns.
- Taxpayers have the ability to view and print their return before submission.
- Users now have 4 different access roles:
- Manage Registration (Information)
- File and Pay Sales, Use and Withholding (SUW) Taxes
- Fast File SUW Now
- Improvements to the authentication process, including enhanced security questions.
- Ability to upload W-2’s.
- Pre-population of customer and supplier information on fuel credit schedules
Access and Support Information:
- The new link for accessing the MTO Portal is: https://mto.treasury.michigan.gov
- Visit the MTO Support Website to find key information on SUW MTO 2016 Changes including how to navigate in the new portal.
The link for accessing the MTO Support Website is: http://www.michigan.gov/mtobusiness
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ