Members of the media are invited to attend the official launch of the “Catch & Cook” partnership program. “Catch & Cook” is the direct result of a partnership among the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Michigan State University Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Michigan Sea Grant, Michigan Charter Boat Association, and the Michigan Restaurant Association.
“Catch & Cook” allows charter fishing clients who catch fish from Michigan’s Great Lakes an opportunity to take their fresh catch to a participating Michigan restaurant. The restaurant cooks and serves the fresh catch to anglers and their guests. It promotes and encourages creative, safe, marketing of Michigan Great Lakes sports fish through a partnership with the charter fishing industry and local restaurants.
WHAT: Launch of the “Catch & Cook” partnership program
WHEN: 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 24, 2012
- Keith Creagh, Director, MI Dept. of Agriculture & Rural Development
- Bill Moritz, Natural Resources Deputy, MI Dept. of Natural Resources
- Brian DeBano, Executive Director, MI Restaurant Association
- Erin McDonough, Executive Director, MI United Conservation Clubs
- Chuck Pistis, Program Coordinator, Michigan Sea Grant Extension
- Capt. Denny Grinold, Old Grin Charters
- Melissa Brolik, Old Boys Brewhouse
WHERE: Old Boys Brewhouse, 971 W. Savidge St., Spring Lake, MI 49456
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ