New Bern, North Carolina – October 9, 2015 – American Pure Whey, New Bern, NC is recalling its whey protein products, because they contain undeclared milk allergen and soy allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to specific type of milk and soy run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The products were distributed to several states and reached directly to customers through mail order.
The whey products were manufactured under the following brand names (Brand Flavor Lot number Exp. Date UPC Code):
- American Pure Whey Protein Matrix Chocolate 69205 9/2017 456456789004
- American Pure Whey Protein Matrix Vanilla 69205 09/2017 783521095013
- American Pure Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate 29026 09/2017 753182812809
- American Pure Whey Protein Isolate Vanilla 29026 09/2017 78333109591
- Body Construct Meal Replacement Cinnamon Roll 78124 9/2017 839893989858
- Build Your Own Body Protein Powder Chocolate 67134 9/2017 456789517480
These products are available in 2 lb. and 5 lb. containers or in factory sealed food grade mylar bags.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that product containing whey (from milk) and soy lecithin (from soy) was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of the allergens on the label. Subsequent investigation indicates, the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company’s production and packaging processes.
Consumers who have purchased whey protein products are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Own label distributors are urged to return the product to us as soon as they have received the returns. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-888-399-0580, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration have been notified of this voluntary recall.
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ