- Clarenceville paraprofessionals; 34 members; unit has been working on their first contract for three years; Jerry Haymond at 269-559-9725.
- East Lansing paraprofessionals; 60 members; contract expired June 30, 2012; Charles Richardson at 888-632-4232.
- Galesburg-Augusta teachers; 64 members; contract expired June 30, 2012; Ana Kinnison at 269-344-7428.
- Ionia paraprofessionals, secretaries and bus mechanics; 66 members; contract expired June 30, 2011; John Mierz at 616-794-0340.
- Ionia teachers; 175 members; contract expired August 25, 2011; John Mierz at 616-794-0340.
- Kaleva Norman Dickson transportation, custodial, paraprofessionals, secretarial and food service; 38 members; contract expired June 2008; Karen Kolb at 888-845-6341.
- L’anse Creuse office personnel; 69 members; contract expired June 30, 2012; Kathleen Trongo at 810-987-6710.
- MCC ESP; 16 members; contract expired June 30, 2012; Jon Toppen at 800-458-9213.
- Potterville teachers; 58 members; contract expired June 30, 2011; Freya Weberman at 888-632-4232.
- St. Joseph ISD teaching assistants; 33 members; contract expired September 1, 2011; Tom Greig at 269-344-7428.
- West Iron County bus drivers, custodians, maintenance, food service, paraprofessionals and secretaries; 30 members; contract expired June 30, 2010; Steve Smith at 866-932-5501.
Units are put on MEA’s critical list when efforts to reach a contract stall or when bargaining has been protracted and unproductive and school district employees feel they need assistance from the community and MEA to reach a fair and equitable contract settlement. In addition to developing appropriate crisis action plans in preparation for a possible job action, members in critical units will step up efforts to inform the community about negotiations with appropriate activities necessary to achieve a contract.
Source: Press Release – Michigan Education Association
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ