Superheroes are born at Womack Army Medical Center, or WAMC, every day. Within 30 seconds of taking their first breath, these babies have potentially saved someone else’s life by donating cord blood. Read more here:: Womack Army Medical Center babies save lives through cord blood donation Bookmark It Hide...Read More
Month: August 2015
During the past few months, U.S. Soldiers, of P Troop, 4th Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, have been working to build cohesive and responsive teams that are able to perform their duties of scouting ahead for the main body of a U.S. or allied force. Read more here:: US, Poland conduct section live-fire exercise Bookmark It Hide...Read More
The sixth annual Pacific Resilience Disaster Response Exercise & Exchange, or DREE, between U.S. Army Pacific, or USARPAC, and the Bangladesh Armed Forces Division, or AFD, kicked off in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Aug. 30. Read more here:: Leaders discuss emergency preparedness during exercise Bookmark It Hide...Read More
The Illinois Emergency Management Agency, along with representatives from other state agencies, National Guard Bureau, U.S. Northern Command, and the Polish Armed Forces participated in an exercise, providing incident management and emergency management teams, agency technical experts and military personnel to support a military’s training scenario. Read more here:: Guard, agency conduct major earthquake exercise Bookmark It Hide...Read More
As part of a broad effort to study the environmental and societal effects of climate change, NASA has begun a multi-year field campaign to investigate ecological impacts of the rapidly changing climate in Alaska and northwestern Canada, such as the thawing of permafrost, wildfires and changes to wildlife habitats. Read more here:: NASA Arctic Field Campaign to Examine Ecosystem Impacts of Changing Climate Bookmark It Hide...Read More
Save With UP Bargains!
Subscribe to our Shopping Show
Like Us On Facebook
- Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention- Grant Applications Sought by Children’s Trust Fund
- Michigan’s Safe Delivery Law Helping Save the Lives of Newborns
- Long-time U.P. Gasoline Vendor Sentenced To Prison for Bankruptcy Fraud
- DEA Partners with State and Local Law To Take Back Unwanted Prescription Drugs – April 28
- Alumna’s Poetry Set to Music by Local Composer
- NMU Class Helps Paralympian Improve Performance
- Five Historic Preservation Projects Recognized with Esteemed Award
- P.S.A.- NMU is Closed Today!
- Peter White Public Library Children’s Department is Moving!
- East Entrance of Spring Street Parking Lot to be Closed