Negaunee, Mich.– 04/11/2018– City Manager Nate Heffron has issued a City Manager Directive 2-2018. This directive establishes the creation of a special committee that will research and present advice on issues...Read More
Swainson Award for preserving Michigan history presented to recipients from Emmet, Iron, Kalkaska, Livingston and Muskegon counties
The Department of Natural Resources and the Michigan Historical Commission presented the 2015 Governor John B. Swainson Award to five recipients at a ceremony Monday in the Capitol Rotunda. This year’s winners hail from Emmet,...Read More
Did you know that combat weathermen were employed at D-Day? In a new Look! article, Eric Perkins of the Michigan Historical Museum explains their role: http://bit.ly/1ihRJj9 This year’s annual Statehood Day celebration, to be...Read More
LANSING, Mich. — Archaeologists from across Michigan will gather at the Michigan Historical Center in Lansing from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, for Michigan Archaeology Day. The annual event draws hundreds of visitors to...Read More
Two hundred years after the start of the War of 1812, many bicentennial events and programs are now getting under way. One such commemorative event is the premiere of “Michigan at War: The Struggle for the Old Northwest,...Read More
Save With UP Bargains!
Subscribe to our Shopping Show
Like Us On Facebook
- P.S.A.- NMU is Closed Today!
- Peter White Public Library Children’s Department is Moving!
- East Entrance of Spring Street Parking Lot to be Closed
- Diabetes Workshop Coming to Laurium, April 19
- 10 Teachers Selected as Regional Teachers of the Year
- Parking Notice from NMU Theater
- Statewide Tornado Drill- April 11
- Ishpeming City Council Special Meeting Agenda, April 13
- Houghton Lake Man Wins $25,000 a Year for Life Playing Lucky For Life
- City of Negaunee Regular Meeting Agenda – April 12