Metro Detroit—Today marks the 78th anniversary of Social Security, a program that has endured several wars and economic downturns and still provides every dollar of earned benefits on time and in full. On this occasion,...Read More
NOON TODAY: Retiree Leaders Will Go to Orr’s Office to Demand an Apology and Respect Detroit, MI – Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr offended and insulted city retirees when he referred to Detroiters in a Wall Street Journal...Read More
LANSING, MI – “The restaurant industry is an industry of opportunity. Many have lived the American Dream by starting in entry level positions and eventually owning their own restaurants. Proposals to more than double the...Read More
Critical: Clarenceville paraprofessionals; 34 members; unit has been working on their first contract for three years; Jerry Haymond at 269-559-9725. East Lansing paraprofessionals; 60 members; contract expired June 30, 2012;...Read More
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder pledged to sign a bill as early as today that would make Michigan the 24th “right-to-work” state in the country. Among other things, the new law would end the requirement that workers pay union dues as...Read More
DeVos Is Behind-the-Scenes Puppeteer in RTW Effort LANSING — With so-called “right to work” legislation awaiting final approval by Lansing Republicans and Gov. Rick Snyder, the Michigan Democratic Party today begins a...Read More
Save With UP Bargains!
Subscribe to our Shopping Show
Like Us On Facebook
- Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention- Grant Applications Sought by Children’s Trust Fund
- Michigan’s Safe Delivery Law Helping Save the Lives of Newborns
- Long-time U.P. Gasoline Vendor Sentenced To Prison for Bankruptcy Fraud
- DEA Partners with State and Local Law To Take Back Unwanted Prescription Drugs – April 28
- Alumna’s Poetry Set to Music by Local Composer
- NMU Class Helps Paralympian Improve Performance
- Five Historic Preservation Projects Recognized with Esteemed Award
- P.S.A.- NMU is Closed Today!
- Peter White Public Library Children’s Department is Moving!
- East Entrance of Spring Street Parking Lot to be Closed